There are many different types of roof lining adhesives on the market with different prices and quality. How to choose a product that meets your demand is necessary. Let’s see the best spray adhesive for headliner on the market. After reading this article, you can find the best glue for headliners.
Best Headliner Spray Adhesive
3M® Headliner and Fabric Adhesive
3M Headliner Adhesive is the best headliner spray adhesive, disregarding the price. The net content of each bottle is 513 g(18.1 oz). And each bottle can spray an area of 5.7-6.8 ㎡. In terms of the spraying area of a single product, the spraying area is the largest. A single bottle costs around $15.
- Excellent strength to bond heavyweight automotive materials
- The versatile formula effectively bonds fabrics, foams, and plastics to metals.
- Aerosols can dispense a controlled, uniform layer on a surface.
- The formula dries within 30 to 60 minutes.
It can resist the aggravating effects of moisture, humidity, heat, cold, and other environmental conditions.
Based on its brand background and spraying area, 3m can be the best headliner adhesive spray. The only bad thing is that its glue is yellow when it dries. If you mind its color, then look at other headliner glue.
AlbaChem® HEADLINER ADHESIVE
AlbaChen headliner glue is suitable for decorative laminates in furniture, cabinets, and woodwork. It is waterproof, so it can use in many places that need to resist water. A single bottle can spray 3.5-5.5 ㎡. Each item retails for around $13.
- Use for trim, headliner, and door panels.
- High-temperature resistance
- Transparent, non-staining.
- Marine applications
- Carpet installations
- Insulation adhesion
- Automotive applications
- Van modifications
- RV use
- The manufacturing housing industry.
High temperature resistant, waterproof, transparent, and non-staining.
In terms of waterproof performance, it can be said that AlbaChen headliner glue is the best spray adhesive for headliners.
Tensorgrip® T65 High Temp Re Trimming Contact Adhesive
- Fast drying and extended open time
- The high solid content formula
- Excellent adhesive strength
- Low odor
- Excellent high coverage
This spray adhesive for the headliner has a very high temperature resistance of 120°C, so the car headliner can withstand the worst of hot weather.
Tensorgrip Adhesive can be the best headliner spray adhesive for its high-temperature resistance. It costs around $30 for a single bottle. A bottle can use an area of 3-4 square meters.
Polymat® 797 Hi-Temp Spray Glue Adhesive
- Ideal for bonding various materials (headliner, carpet, foam, paper, cardboard, felt, cloth) to metal, wood, and cardboard
- High strength
- Heat resistance 160 °F = 71.11111 °C
Resists the aggravating effects of moisture, humidity, heat, cold, and other environmental conditions.
The heat resistance of Polymat Hi-Temp 797 is not bad, and it can still maintain viscosity in an environment below 70 degrees. The price of a single bottle is about the same as 3m. One bottle can use 3.7-5.6 ㎡.
Sprayidea® Heavy Duty Headliner Spray Adhesive
- High and low-temperature resistance: -30 °C to 120 °C
- Strong adhesive strength
- Anti-aging time: 8-10 years
- Spraying coverage area: 5-6 square meters. The sprayed rubber particles are uniform and will not penetrate the surface of the fabric.
- Convenience: spray and stick. The nozzle is adjustable.
The spray glue with high-temperature resistance can effectively avoid damage to the car roof caused by the high and low-temperature environment.
From a cost-performance point of view, Sprayidea Heavy Duty Headliner 97 is the best headliner adhesive. A bottle of glue runs around $10. The temperature tolerance range is also large. In the case of meeting your usage needs, this is also a product worth trying. You might wonder why the prices vary so much. One reason is that this is the manufacturer’s product, and the production and sales volume are large, so the cost is low. Another reason is that it is made in China. So you can get high-quality stuff at a low price.
What to consider when shopping for the best headliner adhesive for you?
- Temperature Resistance
If you live in an area with extreme temperatures, you need to consider this feature. Summer outdoor temperatures can reach over 104℉(40°C) in my city. If the car is exposed to the outside for a long time, the temperature inside the car can reach more than 160℉(70°C). The glue I use must hold the spray glue with high-temperature resistance characteristics, which can effectively avoid damage to the car roof caused by the high and low-temperature environment.
- Ease Of Use
Car roof glue is divided into liquid and aerosol. Choosing which one depends on the size of the area that you need to repair. If it is only a small area, liquid glue is enough. If not, the aerosol adhesive will be more convenient and practical.
Why choose a repositionable one? That’s because it’s challenging to do a one-time paste when repairing the roof, so it’s vital to be able to reposition it. You can adjust the wrinkled places where those stickers are.
- Permanent Hold
While that might sound like an exaggeration, the glue will age. But a good car headliner spray adhesive can keep your car roof lining from coming off for a long time.
So when selecting the best headliner spray adhesive for you, you should consider the product’s high-temperature resistance characteristics, tack strength, anti-aging time, spray coverage area, and convenience.
Headliner Adhesive Types
The main types of headliner adhesive are aerosol and liquid roll glue. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of them.
- It is more convenient to operate and use, saving more time for the operator.
- Spray glue is a high-efficiency adhesive with the advantages of fast surface drying, initial solid viscosity, excellent heat resistance, and anti-aging ability.
- Compared with liquid rolling glue, the amount used is not enough.
- It is easier to ignite than liquid rolling glue.
- More expensive.
- International shipping is more complicated.
Liquid roll glue
- Compared with spray glue, each barrel uses a larger area and lasts for a longer time.
- Lower manufacturing cost than spray glue.
- Compared with spray glue, it is easier to pass the environmental protection inspection.
- The shelf life after opening is shorter than that of spray glue
- Compared with spray glue, it has higher requirements on the environment and cannot be used in extreme environments.
Based on environmental protection and performance, spray glue has more advantages than liquid. In today’s society, people pay more attention to protecting the environment. It means environmentally friendly spray glue will definitely become the general trend.
- When using headliner spray adhesive, pay attention to the use environment. The spray glue is highly volatile, so when you use it, you would better stay at a place with good ventilation or outdoors. It is best to choose a headliner spray glue with a low VOC(Volatile Organic Compounds) formula. In the process of use, you should also wear goggles and gloves to protect yourself and avoid glue sticking to your skin.
- If you want to change the car roof cloth, don’t throw it away when you take the fabric off. Cut the new material according to the old cloth. You can use it as a model.
- You can use roof lining spray adhesive on the roof and other aspects, such as carpet, foam, plastic, door, etc.
- Suppose you want to still have the same sound insulation effect after replacing the roof. You’d better buy the sound insulation materials and put them between the fabric and the ceiling when you do it by yourself.
So which will be your best adhesive for headliners?
When you buy headliner spray adhesive, you need to specify your requirements for the glue when pasting.
Such as glue color, curing speed, bonding strength, etc.
Besides, you need clear things for this glue after pasting, whether you need the following performance.
- temperature resistance
- water resistance
- oil resistance
- vibration resistance
From the point of view of brand benefits, 3M is the best headliner spray adhesive.
In fact, the performance of these spray glue is similar, and they can meet the daily use of the car.
From the overall consideration of price and performance, Sprayidea Heavy Duty Headliner Spray Adhesive is the best headliner spray adhesive.
According to your actual needs, you can refer to the product description in the article to determine the glue you want to buy.